Does your little one love SpongeBob Squarepants? All of my kids do and so do I! We have watched every episode! SpongeBob is loved by many and so I thought these adorable SpongeBob Squarepants Rice Crispy Treats would be a huge hit!
These SpongeBob Squarepants Rice Crispy Treats are not only great to nibble on for any occasion but they are also a wonderful idea for birthdays or family gatherings. They are so cute and yummy, anyone would devour them up instantly! And, if you like these yummy treats, then you will definitely LOVE these scrumptious kabobs!
*This post includes my Amazon affiliate links
Below, is the recipe on how to make these delicious SpongeBob Squarepants Rice Crispy Treats! Please let me know if you make them. I would love to hear how they turned out!
SpongeBob Squarepants Rice Crispy Treats
You can download the SpongeBob Squarepants Rice Crispy Treats Recipe HERE!
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Decorating Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 squares
● 4 tbsp butter
● 1 10oz bag of small marshmallows
● 6 c rice crispy cereal
● Yellow food coloring
● Blue, white, yellow, and red candy melts (approximately 1⁄4 c of each)
● 1⁄4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 5 sandwich Ziploc bags
● Kitchen shears
1. In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once fully melted, add the marshmallows, stirring continuously until they are melted, and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Remove from heat. Add 8 drops of yellow food coloring, and stir well. Pour the rice crispy cereal into the
pot, and mix well.
3. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the rice crispy mixture into the baking dish.
4. Using a rubber spatula, press down the mixture as much as possible. A really helpful trick is to wrap a piece of aluminum foil around your hand. Lightly spray the foil with cooking oil, and then press the rice crispy mixture into all corners of the dish, and flatten well. Set aside to allow the rice crispy mixture to slightly harden.
5. In a small glass bowl, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir well, and if needed,
microwave an additional 10 seconds at 50% power. Let cool slightly.
6. Holding a Ziploc bag open in the palm of your hand, add the melted chocolate into the bag. Close the bag, leaving one corner open so that air can escape.
7. Using kitchen shears, make a very small diagonal cut to the corner where the chocolate is in the bag to create a piping bag.
8. Lift the parchment paper with the rice crispy treats out of the baking dish, and onto a cutting board.
9. Using a large knife, cut the treats into 12 squares.
10. On each square pipe two chocolate circles touching each other for the eyes. Make three eyelashes on each eye, and then make a half
circle for the nose. Draw the mouth and the outline of two teeth, and then set the chocolate bag aside.
11. Repeat step 5 with the white candy melts. Once slightly cooled, pipe the white candy melts onto the eye circles, and the two teeth.
12. Repeat step 5 again with the blue candy melts.
13. Once slightly cooled, pipe small circles of the blue candy melts onto the white eyes. Dot each of the blue circles with the chocolate that was set aside.
14. Repeat step 5 with the red candy melts. Make the cheeks and a few freckles with the red candy melts, and if desired, make a little chin with the red also, by drawing a curved line under the teeth.
15. Lastly, repeat step 5 with the yellow candy melts. Pipe small yellow circles around the face of SpongeBob Squarepants.
Let the treats set for approximately 5 minutes, then enjoy these yummy SpongeBob Squarepants Rice Crispy Treats!